2 Mar 2016

Busuu

English



Hello my jellos!

So, lately I haven’t been posting anything on my Weekly Goals segment, simply because I haven’t been studying, at all. You might even ask, ‘well Nana this is a languages blog, so what is the point of us reading of your journey if you don’t study anything?’ and yes, you do have a point, but these last month I haven’t been completely procrastinating! I’ve been testing out some language apps, many you might know about, to remake my learning schedule, and I have to say... I’m disappointed.

I’ll make individual posts about all these resources, explaining how they work and why I didn’t like them, and hey, what doesn’t work for me might work for you!



Today, as you may have guessed by the title I’m here to talk about Busuu.


This is a fairly good app/site IF you can afford it... It’s true, although you have some free content most of it is only available with a premium membership, which is a shame. I completely understand maintaining such a website might be impossible without any remuneration whatsoever, but I remember I used it a few years back and it wasn’t like this at all, it had a lot more content available, and a lot of fantastic features, all of them are now premium.



I was pretty disappointed when I saw that and it really was a deal breaker, I’m sure they make fair prices (honestly I didn’t even check them because I know I won’t be able to afford), certainly a lot cheaper than a tutor, but there are far more complete resources out there!



Still, I always recommend everyone to check them out by themselves, as I’ve said before, what works for you is different than what does for me.

And it’s all for now sweethearts, I’ll be back later with more reviews!

Nana

Português

Olá meus queridos!

Então, sei que ultimamente não tenho postado nada no meu segmento de “Weekly Goals”, simplesmente porque não tenho andado a estudar, de todo. Podem perguntar, ‘bem Nana, este é um blog de línguas, então qual é o ponto de o lermos se não estás a estudar nenhuma língua?’ e sim, têm razão, mas não passei o ultimo mês sem fazer nada! Tenho andado a testar algumas aplicações de aprendizagem de línguas, e devo dizer… Estou desapontada.

Irei fazer um post individual sobre todos os recursos que experimentei, explicando um pouco de como funcionam e o que não gosto sobre eles, mas hey, o que não funcionou para mim pode funcionar para vocês!

Hoje, como podem ter adivinhado pelo título, venho falar-vos do Busuu.


Este é um bom site/aplicação… SE o puderem pagar! É verdade, apesar de ter algum conteúdo gratuito, a maior parte está apenas disponível na versão Premium, o que é uma pena.
Compreendo completamente que para manter um site como este seja preciso algum tipo de remuneração, mas o que me desiludiu mais foi como mudaram tanto, há uns anos usei este site e muito do conteúdo agora bloqueado era gratuito, para além disso tinha muito mais variedade de recursos disponível, todos eles agora pagos.



Fiquei mesmo extremamente desiludida quando vi isto e para mim foi o suficiente para desinstalar. Honestamente nem sei os preços para Premium porque sei que não poderia pagar a longo prazo, mas com tantos recursos gratuitos (e honestamente melhores) por aí Não investiria neste.


Ainda assim, recomendo a toda a gente a darem uma olhada há mesma, como disse, o que não funciona para mim pode funcionar para vocês!

E vai ser tudo por agora meus queridos, voltarei mais tarde com outras reviews!

Nana


No comments:

Post a Comment