3 Dec 2015

SFX

Hello minna!

Today I'm going to talk about SFX. To those who don't know what it is, it's essencially the sound effects translated into words, like how "woof woof" is the sound a dog makes or how we write "sigh" as a written representation of the sound!

I see these mostly in manga, manhwa, comics and things of the sort, to help make sense of more subtle movements.


I found this very cute list of japanese SFX, or how they call them Gitaigo and Giongo.

I also know some more, mainly related to the heartbeat. In japanese as the image says, it's "doki doki" in portuguese we usually say "tum tum" or "badum badum" and I read a lot the utilization of "pit-a-pat pit-a-pat" for korean manhwas!

Also the famous "woof woof" or "bark bark" can be said "ão ão" here in Portugal!

This website right here has a full Japanese SFX translation divided by katakana characters, I found it really cool while I was researching for this post, I hope you like it too!!

That will be all for now, see you next time!

Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment