6 Apr 2016

Weekly Update | I'm Back In Business

English

Hello guys!

I’m very pleased to inform that after such a long time trying to figure stuff out I’m back on my daily studying routine!

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts I’m going to report what I do during the previous week, instead of setting big goals that bring me down each time I don’t/can’t attain them!

So this week was fairly ‘calm’ actually, I’ve been reviewing all my Italian on Duolingo, this time around paying more attention to the sentence structures and taking note of the vocabulary I don’t quite grasp, instead of just trying to complete the bigger amount of levels in the least amount of time. I still have a ton to review, but while I’m doing it I am also trying to engage more with natives and reading some texts for kids, and I’m pleased to say that even while not knowing all the vocabulary, through sentence structure and similarities to Portuguese and Spanish I could read a decent amount!

Moving on to Japanese, I’m taking things even slower than with Italian, taking the time to properly learn the Katakana and training reading Hiragana as much as possible, not worrying about the vocabulary, just trying to know what the character mean in the first place! I also started properly seeing anime again (some reviews about that coming soon) and I notice I can put the episodes on and look away for a second and understand like 60% of the dialogue (depends on the theme as well, an anime like Fairy Tail that I’ve been following since the beginning is fairly easier than one about sports or music that uses terms I don’t know) I’ve been trying to challenge myself more and more, singing and listening to everything I can and hopefully I’ll improve and get back on track soon!

This is all for now, hopefully I can bring you even more exciting news soon!

Nana

Português

Olá pessoal!

Estou muito feliz em informar que depois de tanto tempo estou de volta ao meu estudo (semi) diário!

Como mencionei num dos meus posts anteriores, em vez de definir objetivos para a semana como fazia anteriormente vou apenas “reportar” o que estudei essa semana, porque honestamente a forma anterior estava a deixar-me em completo stress e a desmotivar-me ainda mais!

Bem, esta semana foi relativamente calma na verdade. Tenho estado a rever o meu Italiano no Duolingo, desta vez a prestar mais atenção às estruturas das frases e a tomar notas do vocabulário que não consigo bem perceber, em vez de apenas tentar completar um determinado número de níveis numa semana. Ainda tenho imensa coisa para rever, mas enquanto o estou a fazer estou também a tentar falar mais com pessoas nativas ou que falem italiano, conseguindo ter pequenas conversações básicas, afinal de contas aprender na prática é sempre o melhor!

Passando ao Japonês, estou a rever ainda mais lentamente as coisas, levando o meu tempo a aprender propriamente Katakana e a treinar a ler o Hiragana tanto quanto possível (como em legendas de vídeos e afins), não me preocupando tanto a nível de gramática e vocabulário até ter estas duas bases na ponta da língua. Também comecei a ver anime novamente (algumas reviews sobre isso em breve) e noto que mesmo sem ver as legendas consigo perceber mais de metade do que dizem (claro que depende, em animes como Fairy Tail que acompanho desde o inicio já estou habituada aos termos que usam sobre magia e afins, enquanto animes sobre temas que não vejo tanto coo música já me passam mais ao lado) tenho tentando desafiar-me cada vez mais, cantando e ouvindo a tudo o que posso e felizmente voltarei ao plano de antes!

Bem isto é tudo por agora (e já é muito), espero trazer-vos mais notícias interessantes para a semana!

Nana



No comments:

Post a Comment