13 Oct 2015

Memrise

Hello once again!

So as promissed I'm here to talk about Memrise that is the primary website that I use to learn foreign languages! 

It has helped me a lot with Japanese and it has been the sole resource in my quest to conquer Italian (oh no, my nerd is coming out...)

Memrise is a website/app that helps you learn a great number of things through the simple process of memorization. Although it has a Premium feature I've always used the Free version and absolutly loved it!

The courses you'll see there are made by other learners, or some small websites dedicated to it, all of those I found are pretty good and useful and if you're not sure where to begin you can always join the facebook group "memrise madness" a community where you can clarify many doubts of your target language!



"Memrise is built on three key principles: 

Elaborate encoding 

Memrise helps you vividly assimilate new knowledge, promoting deep encoding and superior memory.

Choreographed Testing

Testing strenghthens memory in a variety of ways.

Scheduled Reminders

By spacing reminders, learning can be made up 3x more efficient."

- Memrise Science



I highly recommend this website, I know there are others like Duolingo but I never tried them, if I ever do I will surely write a review on them, but for now there is no other that fits my needs more than this one!

See you next time!

Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment